Data Points for your consideration
Locust: As I have been saying
for years, be ready!!!!!!
Prepare For Battle!
1. Congressional Black Caucus – meaning YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES, members of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT – is out there stirring up the rhetoric, getting their constituents all spun up against the Tea Party, evoking images of Jim Crow, lynchings, war, etc. Link to video available here.
2. Anarchist/Communist group threatens class warfare against Tea party. Link to video available here.
3. From my prior posting: “The Real Enemy is the Tea Party.”
4. From Maxine Waters: “I’m not afraid of anybody,” Waters told the crowd. “This is a tough game. You can’t be intimidated. You can’t be frightened. As far as I’m concerned, the Tea Party can go straight to hell.”
So what does it all add up to? See this pithy analysis found on the Internet from someone that is the target of the above threats:
The folks who are getting free stuff, don’t like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff, can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. And, the folks who are paying for the free stuff, want the free stuff to stop. And the folks who are getting the free stuff, want even MORE free stuff on top of the free stuff they’re already getting!
Now, the people who are forcing the people who PAY for the free stuff, have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff, that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff, are being mean, prejudiced, and racist. So, the people who are GETTING the free stuff, have been convinced they need to HATE the people who are PAYING for the free stuff by the people who are forcing the people who are PAYING for the free stuff and GIVING them the free stuff in the first place.
We are seeing the political class-warfare and race-warfare rhetoric heating up to a god-awful degree. And it’s being fomented by elected Representatives of the United States Congress — and the President, of course, months and months ago, started this process with his “get in their faces” instructions to his legions. You know, this guy:
That should let you know two things:
1. This divisive government-sponsored rhetoric is REALLY HAPPENING. It is not tinfoil conspiracy stuff or SHTF-masturbatory fantasy.
2. The federal government is beyond the “gloves are off” stage; it has taken its gloves off and is poking the Tea Party in the chest.
I have started a Tea Party group in my neck of the woods to try to push back via the legitimate political system, by applying legitimate nonviolent political pressure on elected representatives. But I wonder more and more if it is merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, and whether my efforts are better spent on cardio and FM 7-70 in preparation for defending against a coming violent political arena.
ADDITIONAL DATA POINTS: We had Hurricane Irene hit central Virginia this weekend. Not much damage here other than the power out and some trees down (none in our yard, thankfully). But there were two interesting data points to take away:
1. Where the stoplights were out, we’re supposed to treat it as a four-way stop. Hell, I remember that from driver’s education class in the mid-1980s. Apparently I was the only person who remembered that; most of the intersections operated according to Road Warrior rules of the road that said “road with most lanes has right of way, followed by biggest truck, followed by those with the attitude to say ‘screw you, I’m going through.’” Not a good commentary on how people behave when the rules aren’t in place. If we cannot count on folks to obey one traffic law on how to treat a dead traffic signal, how can we count on them to not steal or rat out neighbors who have food/generator/firearms?
2. A neighbor who works in public safety was at his post near the projects during the hurricane. According to him, once the power was out, the Free Stuff Army in the projects quickly figured out that alarm systems wouldn’t work, so they looted the convenience stores, bypassing the D-cell batteries for alcohol. Then, after a mere 24 hours of no power and no A/C, the FSA started chanting “WE WANT POWER!” and lit trash cans and a vehicle on fire. Then, some of them approached the local fire station to demand D-cell batteries and ice, and were genuinely dumbfounded that the fire station was not there to hand out freebies. If those folks are that ignorant of how to prepare for crisis, they will be easily recruited into a Reparations Army to come for your stuff.
EDITED TO ADD UNRELATED VIDEO FROM ATLANTA FROM EARLY AUGUST WHEN FOOD STAMPS CARDS HAD A GLITCH: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Clayton-County-Food-Stamp-Snafu-Angers-Many-20110810-am-sd Now imagine this in your AO for an extended period of time.
Form your defensive tribes now.
Karl Denninger has been keeping at good eye on the economy and political scene at The Market Ticker (http://www.market-ticker.org). His latest post has some good tips about preparing for further economic catastrophe.
One point that is particularly noteworthy is this bit:
Got faith? There may or may not be a God, but it’s a fact that there’s a congregation in the corner Church on Sunday. Consider that if the Zombie Apocalypse comes knocking your local faith community may be the best option for mutually-arranged self-defense, the patching of any holes that might get made in places you’d rather not have them, and the provision of basic human needs, including most-particularly something hot to put down the pie hole. Is faith practical? You decide, and consider this along with the following indisputable fact: Once you know for sure if there’s a God it’s too late to change your mind.
The real point is not faith, but community. You see, if we as law-abiding Patriots find ourselves at odds with the government or its supports, you can be assured of one thing: The government, the law enforcement bodies, the media, the politicians and political elite, the pundits, and the sheep will all be aligned against YOU if you try to defend yourself against the feral sapiens of the Free Stuff Army. The only people on your side will be the community ties and networks that you have built.
Let me emphasize that again: That YOU have built. Nobody will do it for you — but there are plenty of like-minded folks if you are looking.