Immediately after the news spread of the shooting this past week in Ohio, the Cleveland Plain Dealer posted an article detailing that the school in question was 97 percent white.
That struck me as odd. When has a newspaper ever posted an article – like say the Atlanta Journal Constitution – when a massive brawl at a school, stabbing, or a gun found on a student requires the police intervention. This happens all the time in metro Atlanta (and other major cities with a high Black population among K-12 students), but the media never disseminates the racial breakdown of the student body.
White ex-pats of Atlanta will know what I’m talking about with this statement.
So why does the media enjoy promoting the story of the “great white high school loner” blasting away his fellow students? Conversely, why doesn’t this happen more often at all-Black (or Hispanics) schools?
Let’s answer the the second question first:
1. All-Black (or heavily Hispanic) schools in America are basically mini-penitentiaries. A cadre of Resource officers – and in many cases, probation officers – roam the halls to keep the peace from warring gangs, bathroom sex, violence, random beatings, and student-on-teacher beatings from occurring.
2. Every student must walk through metal detectors before entering the school, to ensure no student is carrying a weapon. Just like the predominately white airplane travelers who are considered automatically terrorists by our TSA, all high school students at predominately Black and Hispanic schools are considered potentially dangerous before they enter a school and must be checked for weapons (or drugs).
3. The most violent Black people are either already in jail, a statistic in the ongoing Black-on-Black fratricidal war, or have dropped out of school entirely, depriving these high schools of the caliber of intellect that could have found the cure to cancer. Or, they don’t bother showing up to school, even though many all-Black (and Hispanic) school districts have decided that paying them to show up is a good option to cut down on truancy.
4. Black high school students primarily save their shooting to outside of school grounds, such as this recent shootout in Atlanta details:
Eleven young men — including two juveniles — face street gang terrorism charges after a shootout at a Spalding County subdivision on Feb. 20., authorities said.
Spalding County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the Amberwood subdivision after reports of shots being fired on the evening of Feb. 20. A description of the vehicles involved in the shooting were given to deputies, who found one vehicle on Cowan Road. The Griffin police department found the second vehicle on the North Expressway near Ellis Road, authorities said.
Investigators said both vehicles contained bullet holes from the shooting, which they said was gang related. Drugs and a weapon were found in the vehicles and 11 people were arrested, according to Sheriff Wendell Beam. All 11 were charged with street gang terrorism, a law that recently became available for law enforcement to use when they can identify suspects as gang members, Beam said.
The 11 suspects were charged with aggravated assault, street gang terrorism, marijuana possession, and marijuana possession with intent to distribute.
Police say six of those arrested are affiliated with a gang called the Ratchet Boys. They are: Deontvious Dewberry, 18; Tobias Keyundra Parker, 17; Shonderrick Jamall Williams, 23; Anthony Lamar Parks 19; and the two juveniles, whose names were not released because of their ages.
The other five suspects — charged with aggravated assault and street gang terrorism — are affiliated with the Southside Gang, according to authorities. They are: Khari Miller, 17; Decorius Williams, 17; Jotavious Brownlee, 17; Darryl Smith, 21, and Robert Harps, 20.
How many of these high school Black people were being recruited by Division I (FBS) college football and basketball programs is not known, but I’m sure their coach will still describe them as a “good kid.” You can be sure their mama will. The father? Probably excited his son will be joining him in jail. Father/son bonding time.
5. Many of the white students who have engaged in high school violence have psychological problems that – were we a healthy society – would have been noticed in the first few years of school (K- 4th grade) by personality tests administered via the school. They would display characteristics of extreme introversion – their fellow students would already notice something strange about this child – and be removed from the general population. Because we as a society still refuse to acknowledge human biodiversity (HBD – I hate that term), we will continue to blame “poverty” for the reason why of those diagnosed with learning disabilities, 20 percent are Black people.
6. The white kids who engage in this type of violence usually have some convoluted, insane reason for their actions (i.e. – they were bullied, etc.); Black violence is more capricious and wanton instead of premeditated.
So why does the media decide to highlight only cases of white violence at schools – turning it into a national story – and refrain from even mentioning the almost daily violence that is found at all-Black, 75 percent Black, all-Hispanic, 75 percent Hispanic, or the dreaded half and half Hispanic/Black school?
It’s depressing and confirms all of our prejudices. We already have local nightly news shows to watch, which depict an endless parade of grown-up Black people (and increasingly Hispanic) engaging in criminality, helping to confirm why we no longer live in “those dangerous cities.”
And it’s still fun to blame slavery and white privilege, and white racism for the failures of these grown up Black and increasingly Brown people. Knowing that a sizable percentage of Black students K-12 will only augment these ranks is too depressing a thought (hence the pathetic Teach for America campaign).
Besides, a white kid using a gun on his classmates is a tacit reminder that violence can happen in these pristine Whitopia’s too!
The take-a-away is that whitey does it too.
Strange though, don’t expect this story to get national play:
A 13-year-old East High School student suffered first-degree burns after two teens dumped gasoline on him and set him on fire.
The boy was rushed to Children’s Mercy Hospital after the flames ignited. His face and hair were burned, according to police.
The boy was walking home from East High when he was accosted by two other boys about 3 p.m. Tuesday.
He said he made it to his home on Quincy Avenue when one suspect physically barred him from entering. The second suspect grabbed a red gallon gasoline can and said, “This is what you get.”
The second teen then used a light to ignite the gasoline, which “produced a large fireball burning the face and hair” of the victim, according to a Kansas City Police Department report.
The boy’s 36-year-old father said he wants to prosecute the suspects.The boy is white. The two suspects are black. Police are reportedly investigating whether this was a hate crime.
Kansas City Police Department Detective Stacey Taylor said detectives were concerned about damage to the boy’s eyes and lungs. He said this was a particularly heinous crime.
“It was pretty bad stuff,” he said.
Police are asking for the public’s help in locating the two suspects who are described as being around 16 years old. One was wearing a blue beanie, blue jacket and blue-green Nike Air Jordans with #23. The second suspect was wearing a black hoodie and black sunglasses with silver on the side.
Welcome to Black-Run America (BRA).